Here’s an oven that any gourmet wood-fired aficionado would cringe at the thought of using. It’s a small stovetop pizza oven that some would criticize based simply on its, well, its …. simplicity. Please note that this oven (and most other economical, indoor ovens) won’t give you the actual, authentic aroma and taste with infused smoke and ambiance you’ll get from a wood-fired oven costing several thousands of dollars. This is simply an alternative, and we’re trying to figure out if it’s even worth the price. This Pizzacraft stovetop oven looks a lot like a tiny, tin orb of some kind, but Pizzacraft stands by its amazing feature-filled promo sheet! Let’s take a look.
- extremely convenient
- Dual cordierite baking stones absorb the direct heat from the flame and redistribute it evenly
- gets hotter than your range oven (600˚F – ish)
- cooks a whole lot more pizzas in a way shorter time than your range oven
- Moisture vent on top prevents the pizza from becoming soggy.
- needs gas burners (if you have an electric stovetop, it won’t work)
- not compatible with EVERY gas stove on the market (control knobs need to be at the front, not top)
Is it Easy to Use?
Come on, this is a no-brainer. It’s probably THE easiest pizza-maker ever to use! It’s about as hard as frying an egg (actually, a bit easier!)
This is one of the least expensive pizza oven options on the market, and you’ll find several pricing options on Amazon. Be sure to cruise around a bit and get the best current price.
What Say We?
I’m always tempted to buy a different pizza oven than what I already own. This little oven tempted me as much as any. It wasn’t necessarily that I thought it would give me superior pies to other options, but rather, the value (what I get for what I pay) seems to be pretty darn good! I’d like to say that I’ve been wooed and schmoozed by some of the oven manufacturers, but that is absolutely not the case at all! Even so, I’d say this little dude is worth a try. At worst it will bake something, that’s for sure! At best, it’ll make pizza’s equal to or better than anything you could ever make in an indoor oven, and at a much higher rate of efficiency of both time and energy!